We’ve been asked that question thousands of times – tens of thousands of times – but yet we understand that many simply haven’t seen the impact signs make like we have. But instead of a sign manufacturer answering this time, I’m going to let the Small Business Administration answer this question. These are their answers to the question, “Why do I need a sign for my business?” found directly on their website:
There are many reasons, the most primary of these being:
- Signs are the most effective, yet least expensive, form of advertising for the small business.
- A sign is your introduction and handshake with those passing by, identifying your business to existing and potential customers.
- Signs are always on the job for you, advertising 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- People often judge a business by how it looks on the sign.
- Many merchants increase their business measurably just by adding a good sign. Conversely, many have gone out of business because they simply were not identified well, so not enough potential customers knew of their existence. As one sign industry professional put it, “”A business without a sign is a sign of no business.””
- We live in a mobile society. According to the United States Census Bureau, 18% of households relocate each year. As your customers move, you need to replace them by attracting new customers