From Start to Finish: How Custom Signs Are Made
A Guide to the Process of Making Custom Signs
Custom signs can be an extremely powerful marketing and advertising tool for your business. Whether you run a restaurant, a car wash, a furniture store, or any other establishment, a sign can make a huge impact on your business. So how do you get started in the process of customizing a new sign for your business? Here’s a step-by-step guide to the process of making custom signs.
1. Decide that your current business signage needs an upgrade.
The first step to your new sign journey is deciding that you’re in need of an upgrade. Some common indicators that you need a new sign include:
- You’ve recently rebranded your business
- You’re a new owner of a business
- You’ve had the same sign for decades
- Your customers are having trouble locating your business
- You want to make a bigger visual impact on consumers
2. Choose a sign company to work with for your custom signs.
Once you’ve decided that you do, indeed, need a sign upgrade, it’s time to find a sign company to help you with your business goals. Look for a sign company with an established business, case studies and testimonials, and plenty of visual examples of their work.
3. Determine your current business marketing and advertising goals.
To put it simply, custom signs are designed to capture the attention of consumers. But they can do so much more than that. Signs can help you advertise specials and promotions, increase your impulse business, bring previous customers back, and guide consumers to a specific section in your store.
4. Get to know your different options for custom signs.
With your marketing and advertising goals in mind, work with a representative from your chosen sign company to go over your different options for custom signs. If you aren’t sure where to start, ask them for recommendations.
5. Choose between indoor and outdoor signs and plastic or digital signs.
Two of the biggest choices you’ll have to make when choosing new signage include whether you’re going to want to advertise using outdoor signs or indoor signs and whether you want a plastic sign or a digital sign. Each one has its own benefits, but combining more than one type of sign can really help you make a big impact on your community.
6. Develop a design for your sign face or LED display.
Now comes the fun part! After you’ve chosen a type of sign, you can get creative. Maybe you want to add your logo to a sign face. Maybe you want to display different graphics each day of the week. Maybe you’d rather have a designer at the sign company create a one-of-a-kind design just for you.
7. Approve the design and send it off to the manufacturing facility.
When you realize that your sign design is exactly what you’d like it to be, your design will be sent off to the manufacturing facility!
8. Your custom sign will be constructed to your specifications.
Using high-quality materials, lighting, and processes, your custom sign will be constructed, finally bringing your vision to life.
9. Receive your custom signage and install it in a strategic place.
Finally, your sign is complete! It’ll be shipped off to you, where you’ll be able to install it in a prominent, strategic place to help you achieve your business goals.
10. Watch as your custom signs start bringing you more business!
Now that all the work is done, you’ll get to sit back and watch as your sign becomes your newest and hardest-working employee! You can’t beat 24/7 marketing and advertising that requires no maintenance on your part!